14 February 2008

Not a good day for the art of conversation.

"Trash Unreal" by Against Me!

Valentine's Day doesn't get me down anymore. As far as I'm concerned, Valentine's Day is just a fake holiday invented by the corporate holiday card companies. Sure, many many years ago, it wasn't. But like most holidays nowadays, it seems it's been twisted from it's original intention. When a holiday bums out more people than it makes happy, then that's not much of a holiday, is it?

I don't know why it doesn't bother me. By all means, it should - Being single on Valentine's Day. But really, it doesn't. It's just another day. So what's the difference if I'm single on February 14th or February 15th? Maybe for me to fully understand, I would have to have been in a prior relationship or something.

Valentine's Day doesn't bother me anymore...It's the people who are down on Valentine's Day that do bother me. By way of association, people who are down get me down, and it effects my thought process. When my thought process in thrown askew, my motor skills suffer. Not just on Valentine's Day, either, just any day of the week. Today seemed to be the case in point - All's forgiven and there are no hard feelings to my knowledge, but I felt I could've handled today much more smoothly.

One part of me says "It was an off day. Everyone has one every once in a while."
The other thinks maybe I'm not the wise sage I thought I was.
The third quotes the Oasis song - "Don't look back in anger, I heard them say."

- Cody

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You quoted Oasis. You fail.

That stuff could happen any day of the week. Theoretically speaking, you could say something to me on a good day and get me down. We tend to handle one another quite well and today was no exception.

It wasn't a being single on VD as I said years ago in my blog, but an underlying thing. I'm over that though. Which was evident when I found the haiku comparing the day to Venereal disease.