25 January 2008

Babies are like Poems - Only interesting to the people who created them.

"Say It Ain't So" by The String Quartet Tribute

I have no idea what this is. Poem? No, it doesn't rhyme. Haiku? No, it's too long! Some pretentious wankery I thought up while walking through Walgreens? Yes! I must write it down before my mind places it in the recycle bin!

"It is what I want, but it's not what I need.
It is what I need, but it's not what I want.
A play, a play on words, you could say.
But what type of theatre did exactly transpire?
Pantomime? Musical? (Rock) Opera?
Or is it perhaps a Meta-Theatre?
Yes, the Meta-Theatre. Engage the viewers.
Because what is satisfaction if you were not a part?"

Tomorrow, when I wake up, I guarantee I'll look at this and go "What the everloving fuck?"
- KT Hasegawa

No comments: